J. Christopher Erb
Chris Erb is a corporate attorney focusing primarily on small and mid-sized international companies doing business in the United States, particularly in the areas of computer, internet, and privacy/data security law. Chris also assists with the structuring and formation of corporations, negotiation of contracts and agreements, and with the transfer of personnel to support the new US corporation. With his knowledge of European, particularly German, business practices and law, Chris can assist clients in understanding the similarities and differences between the European and US business environment, and with recognizing and avoiding the risks associated with the often litigious US market.
For many years Chris was an adjunct professor of law at Temple University School of Law, and he is a regular speaker on cybersquatting and internet law for the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Chris has also contributed articles on corporate and immigration law to German American Trade, ACCA Docket, and a variety of other publications.
Chris is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, the American Bar Association International Section, and the German American Chamber of Commerce of Philadelphia. Chris is fluent in German and dabbles in Spanish.
Chris is a hockey (both field and ice) and soccer dad and spends a lot of time working in the corner of a cold ice rink or his car during practices. In his spare time, such as it is, Chris enjoys hiking and aspires to return to the guitar and bicycling he enjoyed pre-children. Chris also enjoys trying new and interesting beers – local, German, or otherwise, and he’s working on his Spanish and, from time to time, Polish skills.
- Georgetown University Law School, Graduate coursework in International Law
- The Law School at Charles University, Czech Republic, coursework in Central European Law and the Transition to a Market Economy
- Temple University School of Law, Juris Doctor and graduate coursework in Tax
- Drexel University, Commerce & Engineering in Marketing and German
- American Bar Association
- International & Business Law Sections, Cyberspace Committee, IP Committee
- JGerman-American Chamber of Commerce, Philadelphia
- Board and Executive Committee Member
- Warwick Legal Network
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Chris Erb is a corporate attorney focusing primarily on small and mid-sized international companies doing business in the United States, particularly in the areas of computer, internet, and privacy/data security law.Learn more at macelree.com.